Saturday, October 22, 2011

Thai massaman curry

          When I was young my mom cooked it for our dinner. I look at it....ummm I won't eat them for sure, they look too hot and spicy for me. But I saw my brother feel happy with it, I ask him how was it he said it really yummy , sweet and rich not spicy at all. Then I decided to try - - - OMG! the heaven is here lol....Then I love it since.




Tamarind paste, In traditional we use sour tamarind dissolve with warm water to get paste. But this bottle really help to cut preparing times :)









Masaman curry paste, If you found that your curry paste brand has lightly flavor you can add more cardamom seeds in the broth to get extra flavor.







Roasted peanut, If you like thicken broth, I recommend you to lightly ground them before you add into the broth :)








Palm sugar, This product has soft sweet flavor different from brown sugar or white sugar. but if you can't find in your market try to add brown sugar instead.





You will need : ( 1 serving )
  • 250 g. chicken (I use drumstick with tight)
  • 150 g. potato
  • 50 g. roasted peanut
  • 500 ml. coconut milk (divide into 3 portion, watch video for direction)
  • 400 ml. drinking water
  • 5 tbs. massaman curry paste (around 3 oz. package)
  • 5 tbs. palm sugar
  • 4 tbs. fish sauce
  • 6 tbs. tamarind sauce
  • 2 tbs. white sugar
  • 2 tbs. water to thick out the sauce
  • 1 tbs. cooking oil for frying
Watch how to make Thai massaman curry

3 comments:

Crwacrwa said...

It was waaaaay too sweet. I had to add lots of water in the end!

Unknown said...

Umm..I know it's a sweet dish. We traditional serve with some rice it would be perfect :-)

Blogger said...

3 Researches REVEAL Why Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

The meaning of this is that you literally burn fat by consuming Coconut Fat (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 researches from large medicinal magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!