Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Perfect Thai Jasmine Rice without Rice Cooker

     We're Thai and we eat rice almost everyday, (sometimes we ate noodles) That's mean I was born with rice cooker and I never cook rice without rice cooker unless we're on campfire LOL and it's always turn out bad (burn)

     Thai Jasmine rice is the most popular for us, it's really soft and aromatic different from Japanese rice (short gain rice) they're little sticky. Origin of this kind of rice is Thailand, some country want to sign patent that the rice is them with the name of Jasmine rice (without "Thai") This's sound so weird for me.

      I just found the way how to cook it perfectly and I've try this for a while (4-5 times) and it turn out great, so I'll show to how now :-) First thing you going to need is Thai Jasmine Rice (Sure! you can't cook rice without rice isn't it?, hahaha) and water. You also need heavy duty pot, it's also help you to prevent from burning. It's not a big deal if you don't have it, cook it on any pot you have.

Perfect Thai Jasmine rice Ratio
1 cup rice : 1+1/2 cup water

     1 cup of rice can serve up to 2 serving, up to how much you serve per plate but for my family 1 cup can serve for 2 person eat with many side dishes :)
*make sure you have a big pot, the rice will double when it's done.

No comments: